With Rise of the Guardians opening in South Africa this Friday, today we want to know about your animation tastes. Do you continue to watch animated movies at the cinema, even if you don’t have children in tow? Do you generally dismiss animated films as saccharine kids’ stuff, or is it more case-by-case? Also, what are your favourite animated films of all time (whether old school cartoon or CGI)?
Midweek Mouth-off: Time to get animated
This post was written by Noelle Adams
Copywriter by day, pop culture blogger by night (and lunch breaks and weekends), Noelle has been a movie addict since her mother rather inappropriately took her to see Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom at the cinema when she was just 3. Her all-time cinema faves include the Indy trilogy, Batman Returns, Coraline, The Prestige, Gladiator and all those awesome dark fantasy flicks of the 1980s.
- Extras! May Henry VIII be with you, WB toys with Justice League, Sympathy for Mr Remake, 20 000 Leagues gets dry docked and Mortal Kombat is stupid! Plus much more!
- Guilty Pleasures – Dude, where’s my car?
- Steven Spielberg is going forward unto Dawn with a new HALO TV series
- Keanu Reeves talks MAN OF TAI CHI; why he chose to direct, and how he found his lead actor
- People are looking dirty in this new poster and pics for SNOWPIERCER
- Andre116 on This new trailer, character posters, duelling banners and a new featurette for MAN OF STEEL will punch you out of the sky
- Andre116 on Steven Spielberg is going forward unto Dawn with a new HALO TV series
- Kervyn Cloete on Midweek Mouth-off: The 3D deterrent
- Admiral Chief Commander on Shia LeBeouf and co won’t be having real sex for Lars Von Trier’s NYMPHOMANIAC after all
- Wayne Bossenger on Guilty Pleasures – Dude, where’s my car?